South of the Border Chicken Breasts
Mildly spicy chicken breasts—an easy dinner for any weeknight.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1/4 cup pure vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Light sour cream (optional garnish)
- Heat broiler. Spray broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In small bowl, blend oil, garlic, chili powder, oregano, and cayenne. Place chicken on broiler pan. Brush or spoon half of seasoning mixture over chicken.
- Broil chicken 6 minutes, 4 to 6 inches from heat. Turn chicken over; brush with remaining seasoning mixture. Broil 4 to 5 minutes longer or until internal juices of chicken run clear.
- Garnish with light sour cream; accompany with hot corn and black beans, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 151 (58%)
(26%)Total Fat 17g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 1g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2023 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2023.