Pasta Salad with Asparagus
This cold pasta salad features asparagus and a delicious garlic-dijon dressing. It’s a wonderful dish for brunches, picnics or hot summer nights.
- 2 lbs asparagus spears, sliced diagonally into 1-inch (2.5cm) pieces
- 12 oz angel hair pasta, or other pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Place asparagus in microwave-safe container with small amount of water. Cover and microwave for 3 minutes. Drain. Asparagus should be tender but still bright green.
- Cook pasta in rapidly boiling water until done. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together shallots, olive oil, Dijon mustard, parsley, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine shallot mixture with pasta and asparagus; mix well. Serve chilled.
Calories from Fat 93 (27%)
(16%)Total Fat 11g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 52g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2023 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2023.