Gourmet, Healthy 20-Minute Pasta
With the help of frozen veggies and pantry staples, this dish is budget-friendly, time-friendly, and super-nutritious, too.
- 20 oz whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1 bag organic frozen spinach
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14-oz can fire-roasted tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 16 oz jar pasta sauce
- Dried oregano to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, sauté the onions, garlic, and frozen spinach with 1 Tbsp EVOO in a large saucepan.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and set aside. Once the spinach mixture is heated through, add 2/3 of the fire roasted tomatoes (add more if you want the pasta to be spicier).
- Stir in salt, pepper, oregano into the spinach/tomato mixture, to taste. Heat up your pasta sauce and get ready to assemble your dish! To assemble: Start with a layer of rotini pasta, top with veggie mixture, top with sauce, and finish off with 2 Tbsp grated fresh Parmesan cheese.
Calories from Fat 74 (15%)
(13%)Total Fat 8g
(17%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 85g
(23%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2023 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2023.