Absolutely delicious! Start to marinate the fish at least two hours before you plan to serve it.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp salt (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 lbs halibut fillets, or steaks
- Combine all ingredients except for fish in a shallow dish large enough to hold the halibut.
- Place fish in the dish and marinate for at least two hours, turning once or twice.
- Remove fish from marinade and broil or grill for about 5 minutes on each side (10 minutes total per inch (2.5cm) of thickness). Transfer fish to a serving dish.
- Heat remaining marinade in the microwave for one minute; then pour over fish. Serve while hot.
- Serve with rice or couscous.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Calories from Fat 67 (30%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 3g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2023 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2023.