Creamy Asparagus and Olive Bowties
Try this easy pasta meal when you crave something rich, creamy and delicious in a flash.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 cups (12 ounces) asparagus sliced into 2-inch pieces, blanched
- 1 cup olives, halved
- 3/4 cup sliced sundried tomatoes, hydrated
- 7 cups (1 1/4 pounds) cooked farfalle pasta
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until translucent. Stir in chicken stock, cream, mustard, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes. Mix in asparagus, olives and sundried tomatoes. Toss in pasta and cook for 3-4 minutes until heated through.
Calories from Fat 102 (17%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(17%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 102g
(25%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.