Cheddar Olive Arapas
For a more intense, slightly tangy flavor, try sharp cheddar cheese in these simple, delicious cakes.
- 1 cup fine ground yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 Tbs canola oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, olives, cheddar cheese, green onions and salt. Add melted butter and stir in water, until evenly mixed. Set aside to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 (2 ounce) portions and form into 2 1/2-inch wide discs. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Fry cakes for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden.
Calories from Fat 53 (48%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 13g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.