If you have fresh bay scallops, this Latin American flavor explosion is the way to go.
- 1 1/4 lb fresh bay scallops
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 dried green chiles, peeled and chopped
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 pinch Mexican oregano
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 lettuce cups
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced into wedges
- Add scallops to shallow casserole dish.
- Pour lime juice over scallops.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for 2 hours; stir once.
- After 2 hours, combine scallops, chiles, scallions, tomatoes, salt, oregano, olive oil, and cilantro in a bowl.
- Place in refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour; stir occasionally.
- Place lettuce cups in wine glasses or similar vessel and scoop ceviche into them. Garnish with avocado.
Calories from Fat 166 (46%)
(30%)Total Fat 19g
(13%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrate 23g
(30%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.