Balsamic Marinated Steak & Asparagus
- 4 beef round (sirloin) tip side steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Marinade:2/3 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons. Place beef steaks and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Place asparagus in shallow microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 cup water. Cover and microwave on HIGH 3 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain asparagus. Add reserved 2 tablespoons marinade to asparagus; turn to coat. Set aside.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 12 to 14 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning once. (Do not overcook.)
- During last 3 minutes of grilling, arrange asparagus on grid around steaks; grill 2 to 3 minutes, turning once. Season steaks and asparagus with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Note: Beef Round (Sirloin) Tip Side Steaks are cut from the Beef Round Tip, cap off by following the natural seams to separate the tip side, tip center and tip bottom. The tip side is then cut across the grain into steaks. Steaks cut 3/4 inch thick average 7 ounces. Steaks cut 1 inch thick average 8 ounces.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc, and a good source of fiber.
Calories from Fat 307 (56%)
(54%)Total Fat 35g
(67%)Saturated Fat 13g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 15g
Total Carbohydrate 14g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2023 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2023.