Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato Wraps
Young chefs will love this tasty recipe, and they can easily help with the assembly of the wraps.
- 1 1/2 lbs peppered bacon, thick-sliced
- 6 10-inch flour tortillas
- 6 Tbs mayonnaise, or salad dressing
- 1 10 oz bag iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Place bacon slices side by side on griddle. Cook on medium-high heat until crisp and browned on both sides.* Drain on paper towels; keep warm. For each wrap, place flour tortilla on plate; spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise over top. Place 1 cup lettuce, about 1/2 of a tomato and 3 to 4 slices cooked bacon on top. Roll from one side to the other. Cut in half.
- *Baked Bacon Option: Place bacon slices side by side on a rack in a shallow baking pan with sides. Bake in a 400° F. oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until crispy. Drain well on paper towels.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Serve with chips and fresh seasonal fruit.
Substitution Tip: For variety, add 2 peeled, seeded and chopped avocados or 1/2 cup chopped red and/or green bell pepper.
Calories from Fat 265 (52%)
(43%)Total Fat 28g
(45%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 25g
Total Carbohydrate 44g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.