Bacon-Cheddar Breakfast Muffins
These are great grab-and-go muffins for breakfast on the run. Or, pack in the lunchbox for a mid-morning snack.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped, crisp-cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 375°F. Mix flour, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pepper in large bowl.
- Beat eggs and applesauce in medium bowl until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in cheese, bacon, and parsley. Spoon evenly into twelve, greased 3-inch muffin cups.
- Bake in 375°F oven until tops are lightly browned and spring back when tapped with finger, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm or cool completely.
Calories from Fat 56 (42%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2023 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2023.