Autumn Glazed Pork Chops
These chops are an easy weekday dinner that highlights autumn flavors of nutmeg, cider, and cranberry.
- 4 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup apple cider, or juice
- 1/2 cup whole cranberry sauce
- 2 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick coating. Heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of chops with pepper. Brown chops 2-3 minutes on each side in hot skillet. Add apple cider. Cover tightly; cook over low heat for 5-6 minutes or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160° F. Drain off juices.
- In a small bowl combine cranberry sauce, honey, orange juice concentrate, ginger and nutmeg. Pour over chops. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until heated through.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Serve with baked sweet potatoes and steamed cauliflower.
Calories from Fat 21 (10%)
(3%)Total Fat 2g
(3%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 28g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.