Asparagus Sandwich with Roasted Red Pepper, Mozzarella, Pancetta, and Lemon Aioli
Pancetta, mozzarella and aioli prove a scrumptious combination in this quick and easy sandwich.
- Lemon Aioli1/2 tsp lemon zest, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Sandwich4 squares focaccia bread (5"x5")
- 1- 1/2 cups baby arugula leaves (lightly packed) or baby lettuces
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, well drained and julienned
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4 inch-thick
- 16 asparagus spears, cooked fork-tender
- 4 slices pancetta (1/8 inch thick), cooked almost crisp, break into 2 inch pieces ( 8 slices bacon may be substituted)
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature before proceeding.
- To make Lemon Aioli, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic and salt; whisk in mayonnaise and oil.
- Spread smooth side of each focaccia square with 1/2 tablespoon aioli.
- Divide remaining ingredients among 4 squares focaccia, layered in the order listed. Top with remaining foccacia squares. Cut each sandwich in half into 2 triangles.
- Sandwiches can be served at room temperature or warmed for a few minutes in the oven at 450° F. Sandwiches should not be hot.
Calories from Fat 387 (46%)
(66%)Total Fat 43g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 90g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.