Asian Veal Meatballs with Noodles
These succulent meatballs are rich in the flavors of ginger and sesame.
- 1 lb ground veal
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs chopped green onion
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1- 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1- 1/2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1- 1/2 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked Oriental noodles or fettuccine
- Thinly sliced green onion
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine ground veal, bread crumbs, mushrooms, egg, chopped green onion, soy sauce, ginger and 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 12 meatballs. Place in greased 15 x 10-inch baking pan. Bake in 350°F oven 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned and not pink in center.
- Combine cornstarch mixture and bouillon granules in medium skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil. Add meatballs; stir gently to coat. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with sliced green onion.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 113 (26%)
(19%)Total Fat 12g
(21%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 46g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.