Arroz con Pollo
Nothing tastes homier than this hearty dish similar to paella.
- 1/4 cup olive oil, more if needed
- 2 2.5 lb frying chickens, cut into pieces
- 2 tsp salt
- 6 chorizo sausages
- 4 cups uncooked long-grain rice, divided
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Mexican saffron, crumbled
- 6 cups chicken stock, more if needed
- 6 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 10 ounces frozen sweet peas, defrosted
- 4 ounces pimiento strips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- When warm, add chicken and sprinkle with salt. Brown chicken and transfer to large ovenproof baking dish.
- Brown chorizo in same skillet and then add to baking dish; mix chicken and chorizo.
- Layer half of the rice over the chicken-chorizo mixture.
- In same skillet, sauté garlic, onion, and bell pepper until softened.
- Spoon vegetables over rice in baking dish, and top with remaining rice.
- In a bowl, mix together saffron and chicken stock and pour over rice. Top with chopped tomatoes.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and cook for 1 ½ hours, longer if needed.
- Garnish with peas and pimento strips and serve.
Calories from Fat 159 (32%)
(27%)Total Fat 18g
(26%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 54g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.