Apricot Glazed Pork Kabobs
This fun recipe for summer gatherings is best when you prep the pork with enough time for the fruity marinade to soak in.
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into one-inch cubes
- 1 10 oz jar apricot preserves
- 4 Tbs orange liqueur, or orange juice
- 2 Tbs butter
- Stir together preserves, liqueur and butter, simmer in a small saucepan until butter is melted. (OR combine ingredients in a 2-cup glass measure; microwave on High 1 minute). Place pork cubes in heavy plastic bag, pour 3/4 cup apricot mixture over to coat. Marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Thread pork onto 4-6 skewers, grill over hot coals 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally and basting with marinade. Heat remaining apricot sauce to boiling and serve alongside kabobs, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Fill out the kabobs with corn, colorful peppers, onions, and whatever kabob-friendly ingredients you desire.
Calories from Fat 84 (20%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(25%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 50g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.