Apple Spice Cake
A scrumptious, moist cake recipe made lower in fat by replacing some of the fat with orange juice concentrate. Great for potlucks or family gatherings.
- Vegetable oil spray
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, white
- 3 cups unbleached flour, white
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice, frozen concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups chopped apples, (Granny Smith, Jonagold, or Yellow Delicious), peeled
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Prepare 10-inch (25cm) bundt or tube-type pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer until frothy. Add sugar and beat well. In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt). Add dry ingredients to egg mixture; blend well. Add in orange juice concentrate, oil and vanilla; mix together. Batter will be thick. Fold apples into batter until blended. Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for one hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the cake’s center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Carefully remove cake from pan. Allow cake to cool before serving.
Calories from Fat 78 (28%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 47g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2023 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2023.