Apple Salad with Candied Bacon and Goat Cheese
Toasted walnuts, peppery arugula, and creamy goat cheese mingle with crisp bacon and apples—this salad hits every flavor note!
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 3 Honeycrisp apples, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 4 oz goat cheese, cubed
- 3 cups baby arugula
- Dressing2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Fry bacon until crisp, then drain off most of fat.
- Add maple syrup and brown sugar to pan, cook and stir until bacon is well coated with melted sugar. Remove from pan onto parchment paper.
- Combine apples, walnuts, goat cheese ,and arugula in a large bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and toss with salad. Garnish with bacon.
Calories from Fat 211 (65%)
(37%)Total Fat 24g
(32%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 21g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.