Apple Orchard Salad
The perfect salad to take along for a picnic—chicken, cheese, and apples are tossed in a tangy vinaigrette dressing.
- 4 cups cooked and diced chicken breast
- 8 cups spring greens
- 4 Gala apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup glazed walnuts
- 1 cup apple cider vinaigrette dressing (recipe below)
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing2 cups fresh apple cider
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, cracked
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Mix together all Apple Cider Vinaigrette ingredients (except oil) until sugar is dissolved, then add in oil and mix.
- Toss salad greens and apple cider vinaigrette together in bowl. Arrange diced chicken on top of greens. Sprinkle cheese to cover.
- Arrange apple slices in circular rows to cover. Sprinkle glazed walnuts to finish.
Calories from Fat 358 (63%)
(69%)Total Fat 45g
(28%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 11g
Monounsaturated Fat 22g
Total Carbohydrate 31g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.