Try these for a sweet and healthy twist on traditional pancakes.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded wheat bran cereal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled apples (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Beat eggs, milk, and oil in large bowl until blended. Stir in cereal; let stand until moistened, about 2 minutes.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in small bowl. Add to egg mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in apples and pecans.
- Heat lightly greased large non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat until hot. Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour 1/4 cup portions of batter into skillet; cook until golden brown, turning once.
Calories from Fat 201 (46%)
(36%)Total Fat 23g
(19%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrate 46g
(31%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.