Alsatian Braised Turkey Sausage
Turkey sausage is sautéed with potatoes, cabbage and spice in this savory one-pot meal.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb herbed turkey sausage, blanched and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 (8 ounce) yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 quarts (1 1/2 lbs.) olives, whole, pitted, drained
- 10 cups (12 ounces) shredded savoy cabbage
- 3 cups (12 ounces) red skinned new potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup amber beer
- 2 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs chopped dill
- In a large high sided sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and brown for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onions and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, then stir in cabbage and potatoes. Mix in olives, beer, mustard, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low, cover and continue cooking for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in chopped dill.
Calories from Fat 398 (58%)
(70%)Total Fat 46g
(45%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 48g
(57%)Dietary Fiber 14g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2023 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2023.