Alaska Surimi Seafood Lettuce Cups
Crab-filled lettuce cups make a refreshing appetizer or quick lunch.
- 12 oz surimi seafood (imitation crab)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice (preferably short grain Japanese rice)
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Asian-style salad dressing, bottled (preferably with ginger and wasabi), or for a lighter version use a low- or non-fat dressing
- 1/4 cup pickled ginger, chopped, optional garnish
- 1/2 cup toasted nori (seaweed), optional garnish
- 3 Tbs toasted sesame seeds, garnish
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- Lettuce cups:Cut off the bottom third of the lettuce head. Soak lettuce top in ice water for 10 minutes - this will help separate the leaves. Carefully separate the outer lettuce leaves, one at a time, to make the cups. Using scissors, trim each lettuce cup to form circles. A head of iceberg should yield 8 to 10 lettuce cups. Save the lettuce core for a chopped lettuce salad.
- Salad:Combine Alaska Surimi Seafood, cooked rice, cucumber and avocado in a large bowl. Add salad dressing; toss to coat all ingredients. Place lettuce cups on a large plate and fill each with about 1/2 cup of the surimi-rice filling. Garnish with pickled ginger (optional), nori (optional) and sesame seeds to serve.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 80 (25%)
(15%)Total Fat 9g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 45g
(22%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2023 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2023.