15 Minute Curry Vegetable Chowder
Keep any extras in the freezer for those days when your soup craving just can’t be tamed.
- 1 12 oz bag frozen vegetable blend (such as broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- Additional salt and pepper, to taste
- Pour the frozen vegetables into a large pot and pour chicken stock on top. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- While the vegetables simmer, melt butter with crushed red pepper flakes. Stir in curry powder and flour. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in vegetables with chicken stock and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. With a potato masher or immersion blender, mash the vegetables in the chicken stock until desired consistency.
- Bring back to a boil and slowly stir in milk. Cook for another minute or so, just until incorporated and thickened.
Calories from Fat 109 (48%)
(19%)Total Fat 12g
(35%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 21g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.