Tuscan White Bean and Tuna Salad
A quick meal for those hot summer days when it’s too warm to cook. Kalamata olives are great in this recipe.
- 3 1/3 cups cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (two 15-ounce cans)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped (or fresh parsley)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can (340g) tuna in water, canned, (12 ounces), drained and flaked
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the beans, oil, and lemon juice in a large bowl and stir together. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Chill.
Calories from Fat 64 (9%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 105g
(107%)Dietary Fiber 27g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2023 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2023.