Chili Lime Crab Cakes with Chipotle Avocado Mayonnaise
Ranch dressing and chili garlic paste bring a bit of zip to these crab cakes.
- 1 lb. backfin crab meat
- 10 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbs ranch dressing
- 2 tsp. Oriental chili garlic paste
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbs cilantro
- 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- Sauce:1 medium avocado, roughly mashed
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Prepare Sauce:Combine mayonnaise, chili powder, avocado, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl and blend well. Chill.
- Prepare Cakes:In a large mixing bowl, gently combine crab meat, crackers, egg, ranch dressing, garlic paste, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Form into 4-6 crab cakes.
- Sauté in olive oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with dollops of avocado mayonnaise.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 330 (49%)
(58%)Total Fat 38g
(28%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 9g
Monounsaturated Fat 18g
Total Carbohydrate 44g
(22%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.