Old Fashioned Macaroni Salad with Tuna
A favorite for picnics, this salad is a wonderful combination of tastes and textures. Serve as an entree or as a side dish.
- 2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, cubed (optional)
- 6 1/2 oz tuna in water, canned, drained (optional)
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp lemon juice, fresh
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of rapidly boiling water until done. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl, gently mix macaroni, celery, red pepper, red onion, cucumber and tuna (if used) together.
- In a medium bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to macaroni mixture and toss together.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Calories from Fat 99 (27%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(18%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 47g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2023 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2023.