Guacamole with Pinto Beans
Pinto beans are a wonderful addition to traditional guacamole, the result is a creamier dip with more nutritional value!
- 2 avocados, very ripe
- 1/2 cup pinto beans, cooked until soft
- 1/3 cup red onion, small dice
- 1 Tbs poblano chili peppers, small dice
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, small dice
- 1 tsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Lime juice, to taste
- Pit and scoop the avocados.
- Using a potato masher or a fork, mash them in a small bowl.
- Mash the cooked pinto beans and add to the avocados.
- Mix in the onions, chili peppers, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Season with lime juice, salt, and pepper.
Calories from Fat 56 (61%)
(10%)Total Fat 7g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 8g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.