A versatile way to prepare summer squash. They can be eaten along with a meat main dish, sliced and put on a sandwich, or cut into thin strips and combined with pasta. The marinade is delicious over rice.
- 4 medium zucchini squash
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs soy sauce, low sodium
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Trim ends off zucchini and slice lengthwise in half, and place in an oblong shallow dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small dish and stir. Pour over zucchini and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour or longer.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
- Place marinated zucchini slices on grill and cook for 5–10 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown and tender. Brush some marinade over the slices as they grill.
- Remove from grill and place on a serving dish. Pour remaining marinade over the zucchinis.
Calories from Fat 124 (68%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 14g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2023 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2023.