Bitter radicchio mellows as it cooks with a garlicky marinade, but it keeps its distinctive bite. Delicious with grilled fish or marinated, grilled tofu. It also works a first course for a fancy meal.
- 2 whole heads of radicchio
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 Tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Cut radicchio heads into quarters, and place in a shallow dish.
- Place remaining ingredients (except for basil for garnish) into a small dish. Pour over radicchio quarters. Marinate for 15–30 minutes.
- Preheat charcoal or gas grill.
- Place each quarter of radicchio on grill and cook, turning with tongs. The radicchio will wilt somewhat, and turn brown at the edges.
- Remove from heat and pour remaining marinade over the wilted and slightly browned radicchio. Arrange basil leaves in an attractive pattern around the radicchio.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Calories from Fat 159 (95%)
(28%)Total Fat 18g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2023 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2023.