Greek-Style Lamb Roast
A lemon juice, honey, garlic powder, and thyme rub distributes flavor across roasted lamb.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds American Lamb boneless leg roast, rolled and tied
- 1/2 10-ounce package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano, or 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- For rub, combine lemon juice, honey, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and thyme. Rub on all surfaces of lamb roast.
- Combine spinach, green onions, oregano and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder; mix well. Stir in feta cheese and bread crumbs.
- Untie lamb roast and place skin-side down on a flat surface. Cut meaty part of roast as necessary to allow it to lie as flat as possible. Do not cut through skin-side of roast.
- Place stuffing onto roast pressing into meat. Roll up and tie securely. Place on rack in a roasting pan. Roast in 325° F oven for 20 to 25 minutes per pound or to desired degree of doneness: 145° F for medium-rare, 160° F for medium or 170° F for well. Let stand 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10° F. Slice and serve.
Calories from Fat 205 (58%)
(35%)Total Fat 23g
(51%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 7g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.