Easy Lentil Tacos
Use leftover lentils to make these vegetarian tacos even easier.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked green lentils
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 corn tortillas
- Toppings1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (sour cream optional)
- Hot sauce
- Mixed greens
- Add cooking oil to a large skillet and heat to medium.
- Add garlic and bell pepper and sauté for about 3 minutes, until bell peppers are soft.
- Add lentils and all spices and stir to combine.
- Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if lentils are dry.
- Stir until everything is hot and combined.
- Heat corn tortillas until soft and layer lentils on top.
- Top with cheese, avocado, hot sauce, yogurt, and mixed greens.
Calories from Fat 141 (43%)
(25%)Total Fat 16g
(22%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 36g
(46%)Dietary Fiber 11g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.