Chicken Barbecue and Slaw Sandwiches
Few meals say summertime like tangy, chicken barbecue sandwiches with crunchy slaw.
- Barbecue Sauce3 chicken breast halves, bone-in
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- Slaw4 cups cabbage, thinly sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp celery seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In small bowl, whisk together ketchup, apple cider vinegar, onion, garlic, chili powder, and hot pepper sauce.
- Place chicken breasts in glass baking dish. Pour sauce over the chicken, turning to coat all sides. Turn chicken skin-side up and place in oven; bake for 1 hour. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- While chicken is cooling, in a large bowl, stir together cabbage, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar, celery seeds, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Discard chicken skin and pull meat off the bones; place meat in a saucepan. Scrape sauce out of baking dish and stir into saucepan. Over low heat, warm chicken until hot throughout.
- Top the buns with chicken and slaw; serve.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 225 (45%)
(39%)Total Fat 25g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 46g
(19%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2023 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2023.