BBQ Pork Salad with Summer Fruits & Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
A refreshing meal to end a hot summer day! You can vary this recipe by using whatever fruit is in season.
- 4 cooked pork chops, sliced
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 2 nectarines, cut into 12-wedges each
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- 2 avocados, cut into wedges
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbs salad oil
- 2 Tbs toasted almonds, slivered
- salt and black pepper
- Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1/2 Tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 2 Tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3/8 cup salad oil
- For the Vinaigrette: In a blender, combine all ingredients except oil. Blend at medium speed for one minute. Next, with blender at medium speed, pour oil very slowly into blender. Add salt and pepper.
- For each serving, toss 2 cups greens with 2 tablespoons dressing, top with 4 cherry tomatoes, 1 sliced pork chop, 1/2 avocado, sliced in wedges, 1/2 nectarine sliced in wedges, 1/4 grapefruit segments. Drizzle with more dressing and sprinkle with toasted almonds. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 420 (64%)
(74%)Total Fat 48g
(40%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 31g
Total Carbohydrate 38g
(45%)Dietary Fiber 11g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.