Apple Persimmon Sauce
Applesauce is great for making baked goods fat free. You can replace many butter and oils with applesauce, which is always useful during the holidays.
- 2 persimmons, peeled and cubed
- 6 apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Mash apple sauce with a potato masher until it’s your desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Can also be frozen and stored for up to a year.
Calories from Fat 1 (2%)
(0%)Total Fat 0g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 16g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.